Friday, October 24, 2008

LOST AND FOUND


Just a quick post today. I took this picture of my cat Ace a couple of days ago as he was camped out beside me on the sofa. I do a lot of work on my laptop sitting here and he always comes up next to me to snuggle.

This morning which happens to be my birthday, I woke up to realize that he wasn't around the house. That's when I realized I had the patio door open last night for about 20 minutes (I was using some nasty smelling solvent to clean paint off a closet shelf !) and he must have slipped out into the night. He is an inside cat and has never ventured very far outside especially at night. What is worse is that we live right up next to a greenbelt where all kinds of critters live including coyotes.

After panicking and looking around for about a half hour, I did find him hunkered down underneath our back porch. Poor thing was probably sitting there all night scared to death. I managed to "snake crawl" the distance of about 10 feet to grab him.
So far, he's seems none the worse for wear! I'm so thankful and glad to have my cuddly companion back next to me. I would have had a hard time living with the fact that I lost my cat on my birthday. Thank goodness for happy endings and pets that we can love just like family!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Ace is home safe and sound! How scary to notice him gone but I'm glad it was a happy ending!

    Hope you have a very happy birthday today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Debora! I'm so glad you found your kitty too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!