Monday, November 10, 2008

OUR BUSY BACKYARD


Now that we live with the back of our house to the "woods" we see all kinds of critters running about in our backyard. I didn't realize that with this house we would inherit our own "natural zoo".

Yesterday this friendly little squirrel was kind enough to pose for me as he sat perched on my porch rail munching away on a morsel of food.

You can see his friend in the background of the second picture.

The third photo is a raccoon that sat staring at us from a huge maple tree last August. We've heard they are pretty onery critters; we tried to scare him off but he wouldn't budge until he decided it was time to leave.


As you can see, my surroundings are just a little different from the golf course neighborhood I left behind in Kansas City, Kansas!

Have a great day everyone, and try to look for the little things in life that make us glad to be where we are for the moment!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that backyard is a tad bit different than back in Kansas! I bet your cat enjoys watching the wildlife!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!