Saturday, February 28, 2009

TREASURY MANIA!

Oh, what a treat! This morning I received 2 messages almost simultaneously that I'd been featured in an Etsy treasury. Not only, does this not happen very often, but two in one day? I should probably go out and buy a lottery ticket or something!

What is ironic is that there was a thread last week in the forums where I wrote that I hadn't been in many treasuries since redoing my shop to my more natural wood backgrounds since it seems that most items that are chosen have white backgrounds. I was also featured in one on Thursday. Thanks go to AuroraFedora, chrdesigns, and EarthlyCreations.

Raven's Nest: My "Fine Wine" Earrings in the top right hand corner.

Ladies, FROST yourselves!: My "Morning Frost" earrings in the bottom middle spot.


What goes AROUND comes AROUND: My "Ripples" necklace in the lower right hand corner.


Note for non-Etsy people who are wondering what all the fuss is about:
From the Storque: What is the Treasury?

The Treasury is a member-curated gallery of short-lived lists of 12 hand-picked items each. Members can feature their favorite items, items selected on a theme or just whoever they like. The Treasury is not intended for self-promotion, but instead to acknowledge and share the many cool things for sale on Etsy. Admin often choose an exceptional Treasury list to promote to the the homepage hand-picked items.

In between the lines by Debora gleened from Treasury obsessed people:

  1. It is difficult to even get your treasury posted because there is a specific window of time when they may be submitted.
  2. There are so many talented artists on Etsy that your chances of getting in one are low.
  3. You have to have fabulous photos.
  4. And apparently it's just the absolute best thing in the world to be picked for the Front Page, but I wouldn't know about that (yet)!

Feel free to add your myths and insights into "TreasuryMania" below.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being in all those treasuries! They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://tiffantales.blogspot.com/ I am tagging you for a photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, your jewels are gorgeous. Completely magical. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!