Friday, March 20, 2009

FINGERPRINT FRIDAY

Is today really the first day of Spring? I guess it must be because I can hear the birds singing in the woods behind me. Oh thank you Lord for the promise of warmer days ahead.

I wasn't sure what to write about today, but right on my MSN home page, there is a picture of the tulip fields in Mount Vernon, Washington, in a picture essay called "12 Scenic Spots to Ring in Spring". The link is here. The Skagit tulip fields are even listed as "1000 places you should see before you die". I am 10 minutes away from them, wow! So if you ever in this area in the month of April make sure to go see this spectacular site of God's beauty and see His fingerprints all over His creation.

I went through my old scrapbooks and then scanned this 10 year old picture of me and my son in the tulip fields. I will definitely be going this year, as I was in Kansas last Spring (their best season I might add), and I think I need to take an updated photo since my son is now twelve! Yes, I've been back since this was taken but I love the way the human element gives it a sense of scale and shows the wide extent of the fields. This is only one of many tulip farms in the area.

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? Thank you to Pampering Beki for hosting this each week! Everyone is welcome to join. To see how to join, as well as find links to other Fingerprint Friday posts, visit Pampering Beki's blog.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, how incredible! So many tulips! Such a sweet picture of you and your son. Blessings to you this Fingerprint Friday ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tulips!! Cute picture of you and your son. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, that's beautiful!

    I know the fields were planted by man but to see all of those beautiful flowers God created all in one collection is stunning.

    I loooove tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great photo! It looks like it could be a postcard.

    Even though I only live about 2 hours away, I'm ashamed to admit I've never made it over there for the tulip festival. One of these days though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tulips! What a wonder of God's creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulips are one of my favourites
    i am a wee bit envious : )
    They look so beautiful!


    have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!! That's amazing, thank you for sharing!

    Tulips are one of my favorite flowers since childhood - I wish I could grow tulips here - they only grow as an annual in Texas because it doesn't get cold enough in the winter where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read about the tulips in Mount Vernon the other day. It's beautiful and I would certainly love to see it in person one day. Thanks for the lovely post today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tulips are beautiful! I love all the colors! I wish our snow would melt and the flowers would bloom. Spring is the best season, you definitely see the fingerprints of God everywhere in the blooming flowers to the beautiful bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!