Thursday, April 9, 2009

EARRING CARDS REVISITED



I love it when you ask me questions, especially ones that I can answer! One of my most popular posts is a tutorial on "How to Make Your Own Earrings Cards". I noticed that there was a comment from "Anonymous" asking me if I had any ideas on how to hang hoops on the cards. I have a couple of ideas but the one I'm going to share is very fast and easy.



A link to the original post, the addition of this picture and a few simple instructions should be enough to get you on your way.

1. Lay your hoops with the top end just covering the the top hole.
2. Mark with pencil where the bottom of the hoop lands.
3. Use a 1/4" hand punch to punch a hole over the center dot.

Your hoops will be secure in the top hole and be able to freely hang within the larger bottom hole. This also works well for leverback earrings. Use the larger hole on the bottom in the same way so the leverback can hang unhindered.

That's it! Any more questions?

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for being so supportive! You are TOO kind. LOVE your work....Bo is over my shoulder right now and we are ooohhhing and aaaaahhhhhing. Especially love the earrings, "Ripples." You are a beautiful artist in every way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I do love your cards and have been thinking of doing some for ages.Do you display your earrings on the cards for craft fairs, etc? And do you do something similar for pendants?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Magriet,
    I haven't done any craft fairs yet but I use these cards hung on a display board to bring to a weekly meeting I attend of local business people. I use one of my display boards for hanging necklaces that has only two rows of ribbon. I don't have a picture but basically it's like the boards that I hang my cards on, but I clasp the necklace around the ribbon.
    Here's a link to the post on display boards:

    http://beadinbythesea.blogspot.com/2008/11/handmade-display-for-earring-cards.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this.. I've just made leverbacks fr the first time and couldn't figure out how to display them. This is perfect and so simple!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to write your thoughts. I treasure each and every comment and look forward to reading what you have to say!